Another Week, Another Project!

After a successful week of making mugs and wine glasses, I decided it was time to venture into some new projects as I lead up to the biggest project of all - the doormat. For my friends birthday, I wanted to try making some new items. Customized Starbucks tumblers are something I have wanted to make for quite some time. So this week, I began by watching some YouTube videos to figure out how to make my own! This video was the best one I watched as it simplified the process AND provided me with a free template for the Starbucks cup shape - this meant I got to skip the trial and errors of measuring the cup myself! 


I got to work designing and searching up ideas. My friend is big Harry Potter fan and so I decided to make a Harry Potter inspired cup. Here is how it turned out: 




I loved the way it turned out and I think that she will really like it! However, going forward I will not be able to sell this specific design because it could infringe on copyright. I think that I will still be able to make many other designs that are "sell-able" and this was a great way to test out my abilities. 

Next, I wanted to make her one of the viral Spotify Frames. This required some more video watching and googling. The project involved converting a Spotify song URL into a special code - similar to a QR code - which can be scanned in the Spotify app to play that song. One challenge with this project was the small letters which had to be put on the frame. It took a few trials and a little bit of frustration but here is the finished project: 


I decided that since these projects turned out so well, I would begin working on the doormat. Luckily, I have a friend who recently moved into a new home and I have decided to make my first doormat as a gift for her. She is a big dog lover so I began by searching up some dog inspired doormat ideas. There were soooo many cute ideas on Pinterest, it was hard to choose: 



Finally, I decided that I wanted it to include my friends name, her fiancees name and their dogs name, as this is their first home together. I got to work designing and finally perfected it: 

Now that I have the design ready to go, I can begin making the mat. Stay tuned for next week to see how it turns out! 

Comments

Popular Posts